Friday, December 17, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting

Last night I decided that I'd better use the can of pumpkin puree that was open in my frig before it went bad and my little one begged me to make cupcakes, so what the heck! We made pumpkin cupcakes! All I did was use a box of white cake mix with the other required ingredients, added half of a large can of pumpkin puree and a box of butterscotch pudding. The buttercream frosting came from my Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook. I have always been a good cook (according to my kids anyways), but baking has always been somewhat of a challenge, so I was hoping these would taste as good as they tasted when I imagined eating them while we were making them. This was also my first time making my own frosting, which I usually buy in the tubs. The only thing that was a little weird was that they all came out of the oven nice and puffy, then when they cooled down, they kind of imploded on themselves. When we bit into them, they were like a little piece of heaven with a little hole in them! But we could ignore the holes since they were sooooo good! My son said that the frosting was so good that he doesn't want me to buy frosting in a tub ever again and my three year old loved the little mini cupcakes (I made regular sized ones and minis). Do you know why the holes happened? How do they look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...