Monday, December 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


I started Menu Plan Monday on my blog because I saw this being done by Laura from I'm An Organizing Junkie and her Menu Plan Monday! I like hers so much that I would like to offer up my weekly menu plan for my readers too! Make sure you check hers out too!
This week is just a relaxed week with just me, my hubs, and our almost four year old daughter. Sometimes it is difficult for me to create smaller meals, and since my oldest girls have gone to live with their dad for the year, I have had to make meals for six down to just four...but this week, it's basically like making dinner for two since the little one doesn't eat much. Hopefully I can pull this one off without resorting to fast food or rushing to Safeway for frozen meals.

Monday- Apple Chicken Legs,
served with roasted potatoes and peas
I will make the whole recipe since the leftover chicken is wonderful cold the next day for lunch!

Tuesday- Tater Tot Casserole, scaled down to only half of recipe
served with green salad

Wednesday- Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese
This one can be made for under $5.00! One of the ladies left a comment that she adds imitation lobster to it when she makes it, so I'll be trying that out!

Thursday- 40 Clove Chicken
served with leftover mac and cheese! Add some steamed vegies to complete the meal!

Friday- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup with Pearled Onions
I will be using the leftover chicken from Thursday for this recipe!

Saturday- picnic dinner!

Sunday- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and Tomato Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...