Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Student Mom Chronicles

It has taken me 3 years to get to this point in my college career...and I'm not going to be a junior until next year! I left my job last year as a Special Education Assistant so I would have more time to devote to studying and homework, as well as leaving the option open for day classes if night one wasn't available. While I was working, I enjoyed a small income, but a lot of household duties were neglected (or not done to my nitpicky standards). Now, being at home during the day has its benefits, but the homework, online classes, and evening classes basically replaced the time I spent at work. So...how can a full-time student and mom meet the demands of college AND family? Well, for me it means prepping food when I need a break from studying (today I'm dicing potatoes for the freezer and baking bagels). It helps to have a master list that you can add to and cross off anything you'd like to get done. For me, this would include anything from cleaning the cat box out, crafts, baking ideas, and special projects. Then, I create a simple list that can be made each week, with a couple of things for each day. I like to include at least 3 baking ideas each week, and include at least 2 household projects each week (today I scrubbed my crock pot inside and out because it had dried split peas soup all over it). More to come tomorrow on preparing quick dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...