Monday, January 31, 2011

Camper's Skillet Breakfast


Nothin' feels better than filling your belly with good food when you're camping. This weekend, I had planned on making banana pancakes using my dad's Mountain Man Baking Mix. The problem? I forgot to bring the mix! Der...um...okay, well at least I had everything to make THIS! Our cabin had a gas stove on the porch that included an oven, so I made some crescent rolls to go with breakfast too! Let me know what you think of this recipe!

2 TBSP olive or cooking oil (I used canola)
4 medium Yukon/gold potatoes, diced
1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
2 tsp. southwestern spice mix (I used Pampered Chef's mix, my fave)
4 eggs
1/2 package Virginia ham (I used Oscar Mayer's in the tub), sliced
handful of fresh baby spinach, chopped

Heat the oil in your skillet on medium high. Add potatoes, onions, and seasoning and cook until tender. Crack eggs over the potato mix so that they look like fried eggs on top. Cook until eggs are done to desired consistency (I like mine all the way done). Add ham and spinach and cook until spinach is just withered, but heated through. You may cover this too, but I didn't need to. Everything cooks so it is like a casserole from a skillet. I didn't add any salt. It didn't need any!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...