Monday, January 24, 2011

Menu Plan Monday January 24th-January 30: Easy Crock Pot Nights

This week, I am going to try making every dinner in my trusty crock pot. It never does me wrong, and is always there to help me when I need it. LOL...really, I'm just challenging myself to see if I can do it! Can you? Make sure you stop by www.orgjunkie.com for her famous and delicious recipes in her Menu Plan Monday! She's my inspiration for planning my meals out weekly!

Don't forget to check out my giveaways too! I'm giving away a tutu to two lucky winners and am giving away almost $60 in full-sized products! Make sure you follow the rules gals and guys!

Monday: Cauliflower Cheese Soup (UPDATE) I think this is a soup that needs to cook in the crock on high for more than 6 hours. I'm thinking like 8-10. I thought 4 hours would be enough on high, but the vegies were still crisp after 4 hours. Also, I added a bottle of Michelob Ultra Cactus Lime to it instead of 2 cups of broth. It was VERY yummy!
Even though this recipe is made for stove top cooking, I think it will work well in the crock pot, I will just be adjusting the time.

Tuesday: Macaroni and Cheese

Wednesday: Fend for Yourself Dinner

Thursday: Sundried Tomatoes and Feta Tri-Tip
I found tri-tip at Fiesta Foods here, and although a little more costly than I would normally pay, this will be the "expensive" dinner for the week. I picked up the sundried tomatoes last week at Safeway when they were on sale for $1.50 per bag.

Friday: Clean Out the Pantry Minestrone Soup

Saturday: Melt in Your Mouth Slow Cooker Beef  (UPDATE) I forgot that we are going on an overnight snow run this day and Sunday, so no crock pot! However, I will be experimenting with some campfire recipes! Check back later for those!
with Roasted Potatoes and Tomatoes

Sunday: Slow Cooker Chicken Chili

Tip: If you have leftovers that are even small enough to feed one person, save them. That way, all you need to do when you've found yourself to be alone one night, you don't need to cook...unless you enjoy gourmet cooking for yourself.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I think the cauliflower soup sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These recipes sound delicious, especially the soups....and my picky kids would love most of them too!
    KellywcuATyahooDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, new to your blog here, but I must say, I would love to try your sun-dried tomatoes and feta! I love anything with feta!

    maurine08(at)earthlink(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been successful at one Crock Pot meal so far, I really want to try the chicken chili recipe now! Thanks for sharing this! Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look for a really good one next week too! I'll be cooking everything in foil in the crock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my crock-pot, it's a real life saver! Will have to try that cauliflower soup recipe.
    Heidi (visiting from Oregon Bloggy Moms)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So....sometimes I think making things in the crockpot are even more difficult than using traditional methods...But I want to try that cauliflower soup!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nice thing about crock pots is that it is actually easier because all of the ingredients are put in at the same time, and there's no more prep time than you would have with a traditional dish. Even better reason to use your crock...you get to come home after a stressful day and not have to cook anything. Get those crock pot bags that save you clean up time to really make it nice! Crock dishes can be prepped the night before too, so that you can just put the dish in and turn it on in the morning. Planning your meals helps since you can use your calendar to predict which nights you're going to be the most time-crunched (hint...game nights).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...